Sugar-Free Mama

Observations on daily life with 3 children and Type 1 diabetes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Type 1 diabetic since 1996, mom to 3 children born 1998, 2001 and 2004

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I just found out one of my dearest friends is expecting again. She's not optimistic about it either, as she had 3 miscarriages last year. I hurt so badly for her, going thru what she's experiencing in her life. I'm never sure what to say to her, except to be supportive, encouraging and just listen. I guess its all I can do. I feel nearly guilty for having 3 children. Granted, my pregnancies were everything but textbook or easy, so I guess with my diabetes, I'm lucky. I pray daily for her to have a successful pregnancy she wants so badly. Hopefully this will be the one. I don't know if I could endure what she has and stay semi sane.

On a completely different note, why is it after I spend a ton of time cleaning up the kitchen, for example, it takes my family less than 10 minutes to destroy all the work I accomplished? Its so utterly frustrating, and even though my girls apologize, it doesn't help. Clean up your own damned mess! If my husband would actually attempt to do this, my kids wouldn't think that its my job. I'm not a fucking maid. I should just dress up like Alice in my blue dress and white apron, with little white Keds, and live in a little room off the laundry room. I already have Sam in my life. The whole outfit would go right over their heads. I might have to give it a try anyway. What the hell. Its about how I feel anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home